Not only did Sean decide on what he wanted to be for Halloween, he also decided for the whole family. What is Batman without Robin? Little brother Connor took on the role and quickly learned how to be his big brother's sidekick. I had fun creating the Robin costume and Connor loved wearing it. I was able to use Connor's green Buzz Lightyear Pajamas for the pants and the green undershirt. I purchased a red shirt and cut off the sleeves to make it look like a vest. For the decals I cut them out of fabric and felt that I had left over from last Halloween. I'm all about recycling and reusing! I even made a small cape that I attached with velcro so he can fly around like Batman. Here is our Boy Wonder.
To top of the thematic Halloween, Sean wanted me to be Batgirl and wanted Chris to be Riddler. For the Riddler costume, Chris brought home some green scrubs and all I had to do was cut out and attach question marks all over the place. We topped it off with orange hair spray and cool green sunglasses. Chris look awesome and wore the costume three different times! I think he had more fun dressing up than Sean. I wasn't going to let all these boys have fun playing dress up. My Batgirl outfit looked pretty good too. I had everything, batgirl cape , utility belt, symbol, and boots. Sean loved having me dress up and kept on asking for me to wear my cape. I must say it was fun being a superhero. Here we are being a family of superheroes (and one villain). I can't wait to see what we come up with for next year!





Not only do the costumes look fab-- check out all those fancy collages! :-)
ReplyDeleteI love that you do a family theme each year!
ReplyDelete