Friday, November 11, 2011

Bundles of Joy!

The past couple of weeks I have been busy creating homemade keepsakes for one of my friends. She and her husband are expecting their first baby in December!  I really enjoy making gifts for friends and family, and there is no time that is more exciting than anticipating the arrival of a new bundle of joy.  I've always appreciated homemade gifts from my friends and family, and I love to return the favor.  My go to gift has always been making a blanket. Since my friends are going to be surprised, I went with the gender neutral colors of yellow, green and white.  Making a blanket is very calming for me.  I can just sit, relax, watch television and crochet till my hands are too tired.  Here is a close up view of the blanket.  It is not that large, but perfect for a baby.  


I was feeling ambitious and thought that I could make something using my sewing machine.  I realized that I had some puppy dog themed fabric and thought it would be perfect for some bibs and burp clothes.  Puppies are gender neutral and my friends have a dog, all I had to do was find a pattern!  Finding the pattern was simpler than I thought.  I went up into my son's room and picked out my favorite style bib, then I traced it, cut it out and my pattern was created.  To finish off the bib, I backed each one with beige terry cloth material.  I absolutely loved how the bibs came out, and I will make more in the future.    



To add to my special gift, I made burp clothes out of cloth baby diapers.  I had left over material from the bibs, and liked the idea of having some coordinating colors.  To switch it up just a bit, I also purchased some inexpensive ribbon and made two burp clothes.  



Here is the finished product!  


I can't wait to see the new bundle of joy enjoying these gifts!  



3 comments:

  1. Well, I've definitely paid good money for bibs and burp cloths like that, so GO YOU!! What wonderful treasures for that bundle of joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We absolutely love the gifts-the ones made from the heart are always the best. You're such a crafty mom! Baby L thanks you...we can't wait to use everything! -Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you! Love the coordinating bibs and burp cloths. I think giving handmade gifts are the best too.

    ReplyDelete