I'm not sure if you can call me "crafty". After all, in my younger years I was a tomboy who spent weekends on the playing field, not in the house sewing and crafting with my mom. This has been a slow evolution, emphasis on SLOW! Everyone in my family has some type of artistic talent. But for me, I consider myself a "jack of all trades, master of none." So I am going to try and become a member of the blogger world. I have been a lurker for a long time, and as my husband says it is time to contribute.
I first became a "closet" crafter when I started to crochet. My grandmother was an amazing crocheter and could create anything you asked her. She tried to teach me when I was about fifteen years old, but as a teenager I had absolutely no interest in making blankets or sweaters. But sadly she passed away before I could gain any of her wisdom when it came to creating precious keepsakes. Amazingly, once she was gone I was able to pick up a crochet hook and make blankets as if I was doing it forever. It still baffles me today. So my crafty side started in a very unusual way, but even still I am very thankful that it did.
WELCOME to the blogging world! I am so proud of you and can't wait to see what you're crafting!!
ReplyDelete