I love this time of year. The crisp Fall weather, the changing of leaves and of course apples! It has been a family tradition to go apple picking and then bake homemade apple pies. Yum! In my home, my husband is the apple pie maker. He makes the homemade crust and everything. I, on the other hand, get the more labor intensive job of peeling, coring and cutting all the apples. It is a sacrifice I am willing to make.
This year I wanted to put my own spin on the whole apple pie making scenario. Cue the cute mini mason jars! I'll be the first to admit once I get an idea in my head I am a little OCD about it. For the past couple of weeks I have been eyeing the new world of mini mason jar pies. I mean come on, how cute is that?
Since we were already making pies, I decided to "experiment" with some of the jars. All I had to do was chop up the apples into smaller pieces, put the crust into the jars, fill them up and have fun creating different designs for the crust topping. I love the weave pattern the best.
The best part was not only did the look great they tasted great too! I think my hubby will have to play second fiddle to these cute little pies. Although, he does make a delicious pie!
Seriously, these jar pies are SO cute!! But PLEASE tell me you have one of these: http://www.amazon.com/Industries-5920-Apple-Peeler-Slicer/dp/B001A6E91E. Peels, cores, and slices in a breeze! (You can set it not to slice in case you want to cut more chunky pieces.) I would've loaned you ours...and still can if you need it! And, if not, I think I know what someone needs for Christmas! :-)
ReplyDeleteWe have one Em. Jen, however, does not like to use it. Why? Don't ask me. Just sayin'
ReplyDeleteI don't like to use it because it is broken and does not work. Just sayin'. :-)
ReplyDelete