I love to display all of Sean's artwork. It took a very long time for him to actually like to color and paint, but now that he does we have a LOT of "masterpieces." I was getting a little anxious because I knew once he started pre-school he would be coming home with even more creations. What was I going to do with all of his artwork? I mean my refrigerator is big but not that big! And I wasn't going to throw them out. He would totally call me out on that! I thought maybe I should create a little display area that Sean could be proud of and double as a great way to decorate the play room.
So I had an idea, but didn't want to spend a ton of money. Thanks to my friend Emily, I finally took her advice and hit up some great thrift stores in our area. I came away with four picture frames that were inexpensive and perfect for my project. (I also went home with a lot of other great deals too, but that's another story. Even my mom would be proud of my thriftiness.)
I felt like I needed to easily rotate all of the artwork so I came up with a way to just clip the papers to the frame. As you can see from the picture it works great for all the different sizes of art. In addition to the frames, I made a big "clipboard" using clothes pins and painted it with my favorite new craft tool; chalk board paint!
I am thrilled with the results. Sean loves it too! When he gets home from school the first thing we do is hang up what he made. I can't wait to see what he brings home today!
| One day of Pre-School fun! |
![]() |
| A fun way to display! |

I promise I do not plan to be your daily blog-commenting weirdo BUT how could I ignore your shout-out?! So glad you've discovered the joy of thrifting-- I look forward to seeing lots of fun projects to come!
ReplyDeleteI don't think your a weirdo. It's at last nice to know someone is reading:-)
ReplyDelete