I was really trying to figure out what would go well with our German themed party for the dessert part of the evening. But really, you can't go wrong with anything that is sweet and scrumptious! For the adults I went with my first ever made trifle (or as I sometimes mistakenly say, truffle). It was a pumpkin spice cake layered with pumpkin and vanilla pudding and cool whip. I was very pleased with how it turned out, but more importantly how it tasted. And it tasted delicious! I previously tested out the mini mason jar apple pies, and they passed the test with flying colors. Knowing that I was going to be doing a lot of baking and cooking for the party, I prepared the jars two weeks ago. I was skeptical of the process, but trusted all the other bloggers about how easy it was to freeze. I went ahead and froze the jars unbaked. I defrosted them in the refrigerator overnight, and took them out in the morning. I was worried that my crust would break, but there was not one piece of crust out of place! I baked them and when I saw the apples bubbling over I knew I was successful. In the end, the mason jars were more work than I expected but the end result was perfect!
Even though this was an Oktoberfest party, we had lots of little children running around in their Halloween costumes. Beer and wine for the adults (= happiness), kids wearing their Halloween costumes as much as they can (= double happiness)! In the spirit of witches and pumpkins I went with a more festive dessert for the kiddies. The ghost goodie bags were so simple to make, and were a huge hit with the kids. All I needed were pretzel bags, a marker, and mini marshmallows. I was all about making things as easy as possible. So going along with that them I went and made witch hats. They looked adorable, but the best part was there was no baking necessary! Simply get Keebler Fudge cookies, Hershey kisses, and some icing (any color would do), and you have yourself a perfect dessert for Halloween. Lastly, who doesn't like cupcakes? Especially cupcakes with tootsie rolls and M&M's? I actually made these cupcakes a couple of years ago, so I guess I'm starting to recycle some of my ideas.
Sometimes it scares me that I actually enjoyed the whole process of planning this shindig. Who knows maybe we'll do it again next year. Or better yet, we'll do it sooner. You can always make an excuse to have a party!


Um, it shouldn't SCARE you that you enjoyed it!! It should make you HAPPY!! You're a PARTY-PLANNER! And that truffle, er, trifle WAS deeeelish! (as was everything else!)
ReplyDeleteIt does make me happy. Especially when someone who shall go unnamed had several helpings of the trifle:0
ReplyDelete