Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Torch Broom has been Passed

I was lucky to have my parents visit last week. When they are in town we complete a ton of projects, but this time we threw in some crafts. Since I've been on a "creative kick" the past couple of months, my mom took advantage of my interest and showed me some of her old tricks. Given the spirit of Autumn my mom brought a hodge podge of Fall items, and taught me how to make a beautiful (and cinnamon smelling) broom!





My mother is a wiz with a glue gun, but this festive broom was completed all by myself!  The wisdom of my mom was right there cheering me on, but I used my own eye when it come to the placement of each leave and pumpkin.  When it comes down to it, it is very simple.  Start from the bottom up, remember that you don't have to be symmetrical, and just glue away!  All in all, this project was also very inexpensive.  My mom found a great deal on the broom ($2.99 at The Christmas Tree Shoppe), I already had the glue gun, and the silk leaves, flowers and pumpkins were sitting in my parents basement being unused.  I love it and it adds just a little bit more of Fall love to my home.


1 comment: